- 0 Comment(s)
A simple, 5 easy ingredients recipe to making squishy, colorful play dough in as little as10 minutes.
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup salt
- 4 teaspoons cream of tarter
- 2 cups lukewarm water
- 2 Tablespoons of vegetable oil
- Food coloring, optional
- Wax paper OR Poster paper
- Ziplock bags OR Containers (for kneading OR storage)
1. Stir together all the ingredients. If you’re only making one color, add in the food color now, as well.
2. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly. Continue stirring until the dough has thickened and begins to form into play dough consistency.
3. Remove from heat and place on a piece of wax paper OR poster paper. Allow to cool slightly and then knead until smooth.
4. Divide the dough into as many balls as you want in different colors. Press a hole in the center of each ball and add several drops of food coloring in the center (Start by adding 6 drops and add if you want a darker color).
5. To not get your hands dirty, you can put the ball into a ziploc bag and knead it in there.
6. Once it’s all mixed together you’re ready to PLAY.