The joy children experience when they are involved in the kitchen using real utensils and putting ingredients together! Although it can get a little messy, it is so fun creating memories together.
Here is a recipe of a simple and yummy pancake mix we used to make our pancakes. This batch makes approximately 8-9 pieces of 6" pancakes.
2 Cups all-purpose flour
2 Teaspoons baking powder
1/4 Teaspoon salt
2 Tablespoons sugar
2 cups milk
2 Tablespoons melted butter
1. Combine all ingredients together and mix well.
2. Cut up ALL fruits (strawberries and bananas). Cut the strawberry end of the green and stand it up and cut the strawberry vertically. Cut the banana slices straight down to make circles (not ovals).
3. Fill a clear decor bag with nutella and cut the tip.
4. Add oil/butter to griddle/Skillet and heat over medium-low heat.
5. Add 1 big spoon of dough onto the skillet (center preferred). Flip pancakes after bubbles rise to surface and the bottom browns slightly (aprox 2 min).
6. Cook until second side is lightly browned and remove it from the skillet.
7. Place the pancake in the center of the plate and arrange the strawberries all around the pancake. Put 2 banana slices for the eyes.
8. Take the ready nutella bag and add 2 dots on top of the bananas and make a smile face with chocolate.
9. Cut a tip of a strawberry and place it in for a nose (or you can use nutella for this).
10. Have fun making pancakes together and arranging the fruits. Enjoy!